none
When will Java be gone from Internet Explorer? RRS feed

• Question

• I can still use Java applets (eg. games) in Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox ESR 52 -- the latter will no longer be updated to support Java after August. I know Microsoft and other companies announced an end-of-life timeline for Flash, but do you guys know when Java will be phased out of the Internet Explorer?
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There are group policy settings switch off out of date ActiveX control blocking... Basically Java is already unsupported on unmanaged networks.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:09 PM
  • Well... I don't know what that means. Java works in Internet Explorer right now. When will it no longer work?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

About>Internet Explorer will tell you which version and update version you have installed. You must be running an older version/update.

Which website do you use to test your IE ActiveX Java JRT control? You may be using a Trusted/Intranet site... use the File>Properties menu in IE to find out which IE security zone the website is mapped to. navigator.platform will tell you the bitness of the tab.. about windows will tell you the bittness of your cpu.

some ppl who have installed Java JRT from oracle.com cannot get it to work on pongo. try javatester.org for the latest news from Oracle and a test page after you have updated your windows version.

Java JRT is a third-party activeX control in windows... I don't see it in the kill bits yet.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:33 AM