Error code 0x80072f17 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft Office supporter(s),

I purchased online my Office Persona 365 for my Macbook Air in November 2013 and have been constantly asked to vertify my account. My account has now been disabled after several attempts to log in. After having been given all the correct ID & Password, I still cannot re-activate my account and on the screen it shows the error code: 0x80072f17. I tried to look for solutions online but all do not seem to help. Please let me know how I can get this problem solved. Thank you so much!

Sunday, January 25, 2015 2:05 AM

All replies

• This error which i have found is to do with not having a trusted certificate in IIS (Internet Information Services) on the server.
    (Example:-When i check IIS (Internet Information Services) the certificate that was installed with exchange says "The CA root certificate is not trusted. To Enable trust,install the certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.
    WININET_E_SEC_CERT_ERRORS[1]
    Message:-The SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate contains errors.
    These error codes correspond to an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) error, i.e your certificate is not signed by a trusted authority or it is incorrectly installed.)

To solve this problem, you have several solutions:
    - buy a signed certificate and install it on your mail server
    - install the root certificate (CA ROOT) that you used to generate the certificate.
    Friday, September 20, 2019 10:32 AM