Lync online/on-premise voice recording solution RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have a query from customer regarding voice recording messages on O365 Lync Services.

Client is a government organization and have many customer visit day in and day out. The organization wants that dedicated customer allow facility of Lync client on their mobile or pager devices. It would be beneficial for them if customer dial number and record message that will be routed or hunted to operator phone board number, after receiving the recorded message the operator notes down the message and is also able to printout the message report.

I would like any such solution could be possible with Lync Online or Lync On-premise with or without any integration voice recording device.

Kindly assist and give your valuable input.

Thanks in Advance.

Sunday, November 2, 2014 7:47 AM

Answers

• We need more clarity on you requirements

From what I understand so far is You want a customer call to directly go to the Voice mail

The voice then needs to be routed to Board operation who would then listen to message then type the message

Is this what you are looking for?

For Voicemail Functionality you can always Exchange Server UM role

direct Printing of Voicemail message is natively not possible in Exchange server nor that I can recollect a third party doing the same ?(there might be 3rd parties)

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" Regards Edwin Anthony Joseph

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:44 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 6:56 AM
  • here how it is done 

http://community.office365.com/en-us/b/office_365_community_blog/archive/2011/08/17/unified-messaging-in-office-365-your-voice-mail-in-the-cloud.aspx

PLEASE REMEMBER, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answered"

Friday, November 7, 2014 4:30 PM

All replies

• We need more clarity on you requirements

From what I understand so far is You want a customer call to directly go to the Voice mail

The voice then needs to be routed to Board operation who would then listen to message then type the message

Is this what you are looking for?

For Voicemail Functionality you can always Exchange Server UM role

direct Printing of Voicemail message is natively not possible in Exchange server nor that I can recollect a third party doing the same ?(there might be 3rd parties)

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" Regards Edwin Anthony Joseph

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:12 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 6:56 AM
  • Hi Edwin,

Yes you are right the solution I am looking the same you understood. No need of direct printing of voice message, the operator will type the message.

I clarify more on this the solution that I am looking only on Lync Online or Lync on premise, not want to include Exchange role in this solution. Customer call go directly on voice recorder not on voice mail and then routed to operator board operation who will pick the voice message and type the message.

Can you please more elaborate on this that how can I achieve the desire solution.

Your prompt action would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:50 AM
  • Its not possible to directly land a call to voicemail in Lync 

For Operator to listen to the call it must be recorded and saved for them to listen and type it 

You need Voice mail solution 

How we can do it in Lync is to have the external user call Lync user account for that account have the all the call forwarded to voice mail 

the operator can then listen to the voice mail and Type it 

PLEASE REMEMBER, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answered"

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Hi Edwin,

I agree with you that Exchange UM is best option to meet the requirements, one more thing I want to clear on this that If customer have Office365 and no hybrid deployment means without PABX, how can I configure Exchange UM on user mailbox and how voice access mailbox will work. Please guide.

Thanks, 

Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:05 AM
  • here how it is done 

http://community.office365.com/en-us/b/office_365_community_blog/archive/2011/08/17/unified-messaging-in-office-365-your-voice-mail-in-the-cloud.aspx

Friday, November 7, 2014 4:30 PM