none
Remove MSE on Windows 10 without having to revert to Windows 7 or do a Clean Install RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Security Essentials has remained installed on my system updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10, which causes Windows Defender to complain when ever I restart.

The only fixes I can find involve one of three options:

Do a clean install of Windows 10 (I'd rather not have to reinstall my apps thank you)

A kind of dicey reg edit hack in safe mode

Reverting to Windows 7, uninstalling MSE there and re-upgrading to Windows 10

Is there a way to allow a clean uninstall of MSE in Windows 10?  Tight now using the control panel to try and uninstall it brings up the following error:

Your Version of Windows includes an updated version of Windows Defender that provides the same level of protection as Microsoft Security Essentials, along with significant improvements.

For more information on the differences and improvements, see online Help (<- this is a link that tells me how great Windows Defender is, but not how to uninstall MSW)

Get help on this issue. (<- this is a link to a non existent page because I am on Windows 10)

Error code:0x8004FF6F

Thank you

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 3:40 AM

Answers