Lync 2013 closes by itself RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using dell laptop 15z with windows 7. I have recently installed office 2013 which includes lync also but it is not working. As soon as it is launched it crashes with a message for diagnosis and force closes itself. Everytime the machine is restarted lync is launched automatically and crashes there after. I would like to know the solution for this problem as to why this is not working on my machine.

Thanks,

Balaprakash KC

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:09 PM

Answers

• Look in your windows log under application for any error messages. With it being a laptop I'm willing to bet that you have a Bluetooth adapter in with the wireless card or or one by its self and there may be a .dll file that is keeping lync from running. I have the same issue with a dell laptop (maybe even the same model) that I'm trying to figure out the resolution to. If I find a fix for it I will try and post it to see if it may help you.
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:20 AM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:09 PM
  • Open Control Panel, click Uninstall a program, right click Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 in program list, select change, chose Repair Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.

Please also check the errors in event view on your laptop when Lync 2013 fails to start.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Edited by Lisa.zheng Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:23 AM add
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:22 AM

All replies

• Look in your windows log under application for any error messages. With it being a laptop I'm willing to bet that you have a Bluetooth adapter in with the wireless card or or one by its self and there may be a .dll file that is keeping lync from running. I have the same issue with a dell laptop (maybe even the same model) that I'm trying to figure out the resolution to. If I find a fix for it I will try and post it to see if it may help you.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:09 PM
  • Open Control Panel, click Uninstall a program, right click Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 in program list, select change, chose Repair Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.

Please also check the errors in event view on your laptop when Lync 2013 fails to start.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Edited by Lisa.zheng Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:23 AM add
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:22 AM