Can't change AD RMS Service Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had a problem with AD RMS Service Account Password today and I reset it in AD and modified the password on the AD RMS Logging Service and after a reboot every service start but RMS server don't work:

As they sugest I try to use Change Service Account option but I'm getting an unsuffcient privilages issue but I'm log loccaly with an enterprise admin account and this account is also member of local admin right and SQL SysAdmin:

I'm able to generate the same issue on a test environement and solve it by Changing the AD RMS Service account but I'm not getting the same error the only difference with the other environement is the Imbeded DB in the test vs SQL Express in the other one.

I'm using AD RMS on a dedicated member server with SQL EXPRESS 2008 R2.

Thank for further help!

JImmy

• Edited by Jim2oo8 Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:10 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:33 PM

Answers

• The best place to start a troubleshooting a service outage such as this is by walking through the "Top 7 things to try" checklist in the AD RMS Troubelshooting Guide here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13130.ad-rms-troubleshooting-guide-en-us.aspx

If that does not solve your issue consider other options that are presented in the guide. This guide uses the troubleshooting flow that our Microsoft support engineers use on customer incidents so it's solid advice to try to determine your issue.

HTH,

Brad Mahugh
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------
    This post is provided "AS IS" and confers no promises of current or future technical support for a specific support issue. Please use Microsoft product support if you need a service commitment for your current support case or issue.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:28 PM

All replies

• Hi, Jimmy

Did you try to open the console as "run as" using the Database owner or the AD RMS Service account ?

and then try to change the AD RMS Service Account.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:15 PM
  • Yes I already use the Run As Administrator and I'm login with domain admin and I also create DB with this account.

I Tried run as with RMS Service Account but I got the same error.

Any other solution?

Thanks!

Jimmy

Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:02 PM
  • Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm having the same problem in two separate environments (the can't change service account problem).

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:57 PM
  • The best place to start a troubleshooting a service outage such as this is by walking through the "Top 7 things to try" checklist in the AD RMS Troubelshooting Guide here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13130.ad-rms-troubleshooting-guide-en-us.aspx

If that does not solve your issue consider other options that are presented in the guide. This guide uses the troubleshooting flow that our Microsoft support engineers use on customer incidents so it's solid advice to try to determine your issue.

HTH,

Brad Mahugh
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------
    This post is provided "AS IS" and confers no promises of current or future technical support for a specific support issue. Please use Microsoft product support if you need a service commitment for your current support case or issue.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:28 PM