none
Upgrading from MDT 8450 to 8456 with SCCM and still having problems adding an image that was made with 8456?? RRS feed

• Question

• So I followed this site: https://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/1688/A-Geeks-Guide-for-upgrading-to-MDT-8456

I didn't have any deployment shares so I ignored that part.

The part where you create a dummy task sequence to update your MDT Toolkit, can I just delete the old toolkit I assume (files on file server as well as the package in SCCM?)?

I went in and changed the task sequence but on that site it shows that there is 5-7 changes per task sequence and the only change I had to make was to change it to use the latest toolkit??

My main issue is that I cannot add an image into SCCM that was created with MDT 8456. Below is the error I get and I thought updating the ADK/PE and boot image to 1809 and MDT to 8456 would  resolve this but it still hasnt.

Is there something I am missing? I can't figure out why this image is not allowed to be added when other images made before 1809 are still allowed to be added. I also captured a reference image with SCCM and was allowed to add that one. It's just the image that was captured using MDT is not working and it works when deploying with MDT and not SCCM.

(it is not a permissions issue, I have set to everyone full and it still doesnt work)

Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:07 PM