none
Recommended MAP performance metrics collection cycle RRS feed

• Question

• The documentation on performance metrics gathering that I can find is rather sparse.  I would like to run the wizard to gather metrics every 15 minutes over a 5-week period to insure a good usage sample over all business cycles.  The only thing I've seen as far as a recommended collection cycle is "24 hours" in the MAP help.  Can anyone point me to some prescriptive guidance on this subject?

TIA,
    Tom
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:09 PM

Answers

• Maps is completely capable of doing what you suggested.  Before running the Performance test the wizard you will be presented with will ask for specific options to set up such a performance as you suggested.

I believe that the best results from performance checking will result from making sure that the test does encounter peak load times during its run.  If during your run you do encounter peak load times then you should be able to get the best possible understanding of your systems performance capabilities.

Let me know if you have any issues or do not see the options that you are requesting.

Thanks,

Eric

• Marked as answer by Thomas Walters Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:55 PM
    Monday, January 4, 2010 9:02 PM

All replies

• Maps is completely capable of doing what you suggested.  Before running the Performance test the wizard you will be presented with will ask for specific options to set up such a performance as you suggested.

I believe that the best results from performance checking will result from making sure that the test does encounter peak load times during its run.  If during your run you do encounter peak load times then you should be able to get the best possible understanding of your systems performance capabilities.

Let me know if you have any issues or do not see the options that you are requesting.

Thanks,

Eric

• Marked as answer by Thomas Walters Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:55 PM
    Monday, January 4, 2010 9:02 PM
  • The issue is my other post on Domain Controllers not responding after running MAP Toolkit for more than 20 hours.  I will go ahead and mark this thread as answered.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:55 PM