none
Status Indicators RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have created the status indicator (traffic light), we would like to included them in our reports to our clients - quick question is there any way for me to get the status meanings to show on the printed version of the plan, as it does for bar charts at the bottom of the printed plan? Doesnt have to be at the bottom i just cant see a way to show our clients what the red, green etc mean.

Thanks

Kath

Kath

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Kath, 

There is no easy way to get this as that portion of the legend prints items on the Gantt Chart.  However, you can manually add them into the box to the left of this bars, typically this area displays the Project Manager's name etc.  You would need to manually create the icons and the wording that goes with them...

You edit the legend from Page Setup in the Print Dialogue box.  I very quickly mocked up the following...

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Kath, 

There is no easy way to get this as that portion of the legend prints items on the Gantt Chart.  However, you can manually add them into the box to the left of this bars, typically this area displays the Project Manager's name etc.  You would need to manually create the icons and the wording that goes with them...

You edit the legend from Page Setup in the Print Dialogue box.  I very quickly mocked up the following...

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:49 PM
  • Thankyou very much i will give that a try

Kath

Monday, January 5, 2015 9:19 AM
  • Ive tried to do this but cant get the actual coloured indicators to paste onto the legend tab. I created them in word hoping i could copy and paste but its not letting me its only copying the text. How did you manage to get the indicators to show? Thanks
    Monday, January 5, 2015 1:12 PM
  • Hi Kath,

I saved the image as a .png file (use a tool such as snagit/windows snipping tool) and then used the insert image icon in the page legend setup to insert the image in the legend.

Monday, January 5, 2015 1:40 PM