Windows 7 RC and sound problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi new to this forum just wonder whether I might find some help here
    my system is a ASUS PROACTIVE P5GD1 motherboard with a "intel high definition audio, Realtek AL861 onboard sound card with 4 gig ram"
    ok thats that but even after a clean install I don't seem to get any sound with applications !. If I check the sound I get sound from each speaker !!??.
    device manager has the following message
    THIS DEVICE CANNOT FIND ENOUGH FREE RESOURCES THAT IT CAN USE, CODE12.

IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS DEVICE YOU WILL NEED TO DISABLE ONE OF THE OTHER DEVICES ON THIS SYSTEM.

tHIS MESSAGE IS UNDER ONE OF THE TREES WITH HIGH DEF AUDIO. THERE IS ANOTHER ONE THERE WITH THE SAME TITLE WHICH IS FINE.

The odd thing it when I was running Windows 7 Beta the sound worked fine, just I have this prob with RC.

Only if I am going to buy WIN 7 when it comes out I need to know the sound will work on my system.

Any help would be fine

Friday, July 3, 2009 5:00 PM

Answers

• Hi there to piepaw

have sorted it out now you would never believe what it was.
    It appears that when RC installs it defaults to "headphones" so all I really had to do was reset the default sound. most embarresing

cheers
    • Proposed as answer by piepaw Monday, July 6, 2009 1:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:14 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2009 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi nemo100,

Funny, I was just trying to solve my own problem with a similar onboard sound card  "intel high definition audio, Realtek" (different motherboard). But then I have a grandson that likes to mess around with my speakers too much, so I'm always having to go back to make my speakers work the way I want them to.

I think maybe MS still needs to work on these drivers some.

I would suggest going to the Asus support website and download most current sound card drivers for your system and save the  zip file to some convenient loacation, like Desktop or what ever you normally use for downloads. Unpack the files into their own folder. Go into device manager and uninstall all sound devices. Install drivers from your new folder.

Hope that helps, or at least gets you going in the right direction.
    Regards from the Valley of the Sun.
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 11:20 PM
  • Hi there to piepaw

have sorted it out now you would never believe what it was.
    It appears that when RC installs it defaults to "headphones" so all I really had to do was reset the default sound. most embarresing

cheers
    • Proposed as answer by piepaw Monday, July 6, 2009 1:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:14 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2009 7:53 AM