Auto Attendant Menus - Operator "0" Enabled and Extensions with "0" in them failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on an internal Lync deployment and I noticed a weird problem.  If we have extensions with zero in them (For Example, 1010, 1018, etc) the following happens:

Operator Dial enabled - True
    Speech Enabled - False
    Transfer to Extension 1018 - Transfers to "Operator (Lync RGS)"

Operator Dial enabled - True
    Speech Enabled - True
    Transfer to Extension 1018 - Success

Operator Dial enabled - False
    Speech Enabled - False
    Transfer to Extension 1018 - Success

Can anyone make any suggestions as to how to allow operator dialing and transferring to extensions with zero without having the menus speech enabled?  I would prefer that the Exchange Lady not interrupt when she picks up background noise when someone hits our IVR, but I also would like Operator dialing enabled on the menus.

----------------------------------------- Dan Sheppard

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:28 PM

All replies

• I'm a little confused, is the second scenario a failure?  There shouldn't be an issue transferring a call with a zero in it, speech enabled or not.  I'd run the logger on your Lync front ends and watch sipstack, see what kind of errors are shown when the call attempts to transfer.  Check the Exchange Event logs and see if it gives you a hint.

Are the dialing restrictions on the working/non-working automated attendants identical?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:22 PM
  • All Dialing restrictions are identical.

It isn't that it is a failure, it actually transfers to the appropriate extension.  The first scenario is a failure, however after looking at it again, the third scenario also looks to be a failure.  It only appears to work to transfer directly to an extension if speech is enabled.  That causes a problem when background noise is generated though.

the problem is that it doesn't "fail" but instead transfers to the operator because there is a "zero" in the extension number.

----------------------------------------- Dan Sheppard

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:31 PM