Some Skype contacts do not receive SFB invitation RRS feed

• Question

• We have an issue where a Skype user cannot be added to contacts as they do not receive any invitation from SFB users that want to add them. Please let me know if additional information is required in order to narrow down the issue. Thanks!
    Monday, July 3, 2017 3:50 PM

All replies

• I think, it is a limitation of SfB client as I have seen similar issue.

The reason, I think, it is the limitation of SfB client is that if you sign-in via Lync 2010 client, you will see all of the invitations sent to you while you were logged in on SfB client.

Cheers,

H.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Hi Jonas,

To narrow down the issue, first check is this happening with just that particular(single) Skype user.

If no, please go through this technet article and make sure you have completed all the steps.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. Thanks.

• Edited by SFB.Analyst Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:35 AM
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:33 AM
  • Hi Jonas B_,

Did you mean that SFB user can’t add public skype user in contact list?

If this is the case, please check if integration between Skype and SFB  is correct.
    The following is the integration process :
    1.Configure Federation and PIC.
    2.Configure at least one policy to support federated user access.
    3.Configure the Skype PIC provider setting.
    For more information, please refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn705313.aspx

And you could try to telnet port 5061 and make sure this port is open.

For SFB client side, please try to use another normal SFB client test if there is the same issue, also you could try to clear SFB cache files.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, July 10, 2017 10:01 AM
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:36 AM
  • Hey everyone,

Thank you for your replies. We are using Office 2016 so we are using SFB 2016 as well (Lync 2010/2013 is not used in our environment) and we do not have SFB/Lync server on premises.

I will check if the steps provided by Alice and SFB.Analyst are implemented and will get back to you.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:51 AM
  • Hi jonas,

Did you  try the methods which I have provided?

How is the results?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 10:01 AM