While trying to install AD RMS, I ran into the following error on the Installation Results page: Active Directory Rights Management Services Installation succeded with errors RRS feed

• Question

• Attempt to configure Active Directory Rights Management Server failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of invocation. at

System.DirectoryServices.Configuration.ProvUtils.EnsureGroupMembership(String
    strTargetComputer, String strUserName, String strDomain, String strGroup, Boolean
    fShouldBeMember)
        at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.EnsureUser()
        at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.Run()
        at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerBase.DoProvision()
        at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerBase.Run()
        at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerHelper.Run(OperationType
      operationType, Object data)
        at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionEngine.Run(OperationType
      operationType, Boolean passwordEncrypted)
        at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.CmdLineHandler.Run()
    Remove and re-install AD RMS to attempt provisioning again.
    • Edited by Samuel Oluwa Monday, March 19, 2012 4:01 PM further details
    Monday, March 19, 2012 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Samual,

I would love to digg into your problem.

At what point do you get this error and what server version do you run, Windows 2008 R2?

Thank you,

Lutz

Friday, August 3, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Dear LutzMH,

Thanks for showing interest in this problem.

I got the error on the "Installation Results Page" of ADRMS Server Role Installation Wizard-- i.e. the Results Page that is usually displayed at the end of installing any server role.

Regarding the server version, I run Windows Server 2008.

Kind regards,

OLUWA Samuel Ayodeji.

Samuel Oluwa

Friday, August 3, 2012 10:05 AM