Toggle language at GINA time, not able to enter Korean characters at GINA time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using Korean Win7 OS and launching a MFC dialog at Windows logon (GINA).

Here, Windows provide me toggle to switch language (Korean to English to Korean).

Whenever I tries to enter any text on my editbox (on my dialog) it accepts only English characters because at that time Toggle switched to "English" language only in background.

But, I want text to be enter in Korean only.

Well, in Windows login dialog also password field gets filled by "English" characters only because at that time Toggle switched to "English" language only.

Also I tried to launch a notepad at GINA time (before Windows Logon) and tried to enter Korean characters. But the same think happening - whenever I click on notepad Toggle switched to "English" language only.

Then how can I enter Korean character at GINA time (at Windows logon) in my dialog editbox.

With regards,

Shashi

Friday, January 21, 2011 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell that you can not type Korean characters at that time.

Because the Password can not be Korea characters.

Also,if you have more questions, please post the thread at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories/

Thanks for understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Shashi Shinde Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:04 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Shashi Shinde Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:59 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Shashi Shinde Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:59 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:20 AM
  • Hello,
    Our software has a credential provider (dll) which is displaying a DHTML dialog with several input boxes during logon time on Windows 7 Korean OS. It is required to enter Korean characters when the user sets the focus on the input box. However, the moment user clicks on the input box on the dialog, the keyboard option that gets displayed to enter Korean characters vanishes. Can you please tell us how is it possible to make the DHTML dialog’s input boxes accept non-english characters? The input boxes are standard type and not “password”.
    Thank you.
    WIth regards,
    Shashikant
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 6:18 AM