When installing Windows 8.1, The installation setup can't find my SATA HDD drive RRS feed

• Question

• So I wanted to do a clean install of my Windows 8.1 so I formatted my :C (with windows 7 on it) to do so, but i accidentally also formatted the 100 MB of reserved system partition and so none of my bootprograms (like partition wizard and also the windows 8.1 installer) can't find my HDD. It's a Seagate Baracuda 1TB if it might help and yes i checked every connection.
    Please help I'm in a hurry
    Thanks in advance,
    Misaelgod
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:35 PM

Answers

• The Windows 8 forums are found @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=w8itpro

This is a Windows 7 forum.

When you post in the Windows 8 area be sure to provide more specific information.  What you have posted is a bit sketchy and needs to be clarified.

I would suggest starting from scratch, boot from the Windows 8.1 install DVD, delete any existing partitions that may show up and then let Windows 8.1 installation take over from there.

If Windows is unable to see the hard drive, you will have to resolve that hardware problem before you can continue with your installation.  It is impossible to diagnose your problem via a sketchy post in an internet forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Misaelgod Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:21 PM