Bug in Persistent Chat Room: Fileupload only with a trick RRS feed

• Question

• We are deploying S4B during the next days and some people are trying to push "Slack" just right before :-/

So I wanted to show the team the feature "Persistent Chat" - which I showed some of them a year ago already with Lync213 - and it was working, I found all the old chatrooms.

But today I ran into a Bug which makes me and users really unhappy:

You simply can´t upload attachments quickly anymore - you can drag&drop them or use the attach-button, but when you click "send" - no file is uploaded. I went to the upload share on the S4B-Server and heck, no newer files there.

The description of this elder bug you can find e.g. here.

I did found a nasty workaround:

If you just add text to the attachment (one single character is enough, even a "space" will do!) the attachment ist published as expected.

The Slack-enthusiasts did just laugh on me while demonstrating S4B with its unintuitive interface, the "no other clients than windows"-policy and, on top,  bugs like these :-/

PS:

Skype for Business 2015 Server with Februar 2017 updates

Skype for Business 2016 Client (16.0.4498)

Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Alice,

there were absolutely no entries in the Fe logs. As I wrote above:

Since S4B-Client 16.0.7329 it seems to be fixed, Copy & paste, Drage & drop and uploading files is working again, no other changes than replacing the client with this newer build.

• Marked as answer by F.One Monday, March 13, 2017 10:11 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hm, not a real workaround:

I just tested with .jpg and .png - these files are uploaded and shown and clients can access them.

But: No MS-Office or PDF is working - you simply get a thumbnail after "uploading".

So I just really need a solution for that :-(

Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:51 AM
  • Hi F.One,

Welcome to our forum.

Based on your description, you can’t send the files expect for text document, .JPG and .PNG?

I did a test in my lab, my SFB version is 16.0.4266.1001, when you use the button “choose file to send”, it won’t send the attachment successfully:

If you copy and paste the file in the conversation window, it will work:

Please check your SFB client and test again, if you could add attachment successfully by coping and pasting.

Moreover, please check if there are any event IDs in SFB FE server side.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Friday, March 3, 2017 10:09 AM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 10:06 AM
  • Hi Alice,

thank you for replying - as I wrote above: in Skype Client 16.0.4498 it does not matter if you try drag&drop or the upload button.

BUT:

meanwhile I uninstalled S4B Client 16.0.4498 and just replaced it with  - 16.0.7329 and gues what? 

It is working like a year ago, finally.

Friday, March 3, 2017 11:17 AM
  • Hi F.One,

Thanks for your response.

Did you check if there are any event IDs in SFB FE server?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, March 10, 2017 3:08 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by F.One Monday, March 13, 2017 10:08 AM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hi Alice,

there were absolutely no entries in the Fe logs. As I wrote above:

Since S4B-Client 16.0.7329 it seems to be fixed, Copy & paste, Drage & drop and uploading files is working again, no other changes than replacing the client with this newer build.

• Marked as answer by F.One Monday, March 13, 2017 10:11 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 10:11 AM