MMC snap-in failing when editing the TaskSequence of any deployment. Win7 Win8, after updating from MDT 2012 to MDT 2013 update 2 RRS feed

• Question

• FX:{ffb8695a-66b4-4929-abb6-15cb8bd2ae3d}
     at Microsoft.BDD.Workbench.TaskSequenceEditor.GetActionControl(XmlNode propertyNode)
       at Microsoft.BDD.Workbench.TaskSequenceEditor.PopulateTree(TreeNode col, XmlNode node)
       at Microsoft.BDD.Workbench.TaskSequenceEditor.PopulateTree(TreeNode col, XmlNode node)
       at Microsoft.BDD.Workbench.TaskSequenceEditor.RefreshTree(XmlNode selectedNode)
       at Microsoft.BDD.Workbench.TaskSequenceEditor.RefreshData(ResultNode userNode)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.SnapInBase.ProcessNotification(Notification notification)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.NamespaceSnapInBase.ProcessNotification(Notification notif)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInClient.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessNotification(Notification notification)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessNotification(Notification notification)
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInNotificationOperation.ProcessNotification()
       at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:42 PM

All replies

• I found this error in a few places after searching the web a bit but no good fix - or explanation of what is happening.  I have tried reinstalling everything. 
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:44 PM
  • Well as it is you're suppose to build new task sequences when you upgrade from 2013 to update 1/2, but since you went from 2012 to the latest I'd definitely recommend new task sequences.

Did you make sure to uninstall the previous WAIK/ADK and MDT before installing the new versions? Don't worry your deployment share won't go anywhere if you uninstall. Once you install the new versions you can just open the deployment share back up in MDT.

http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/504/A-Geeks-Guide-for-upgrading-MDT-2013-to-MDT-2013-Update-1

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:47 PM
  • Some description of how you are getting to this error would be helpful.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:32 PM
  • Thanks for the Quick response.  Great I did not see that i was going to have to rebuild my TS,  I did do a fresh install of my OS to windows 10 with all new ADK and MDT installs.  I guess I just have a bunch of TS work ahead of me... 

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:32 PM
  • It doesn't have to be that bad. You can copy and paste from one TS to another, so if you have groups of custom tasks you can just copy those tasks over to the new TS. Don't forget to edit the new unattend file if you've made changes there.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:54 PM