having to re-install fonts after reboot on win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• after nearly every reboot, I have to re-install the fonts on windows 7.  Windows 7 has been running fine now all of the letters are symbols, and all the fonts are gone.  any ideas on what could be the cause?
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 1:59 PM

Answers

• thanks for the reply.  I was able to fix it by doing a system restore to the day before the problem started, and then re-installing the fonts.  this seems to have taken care of it.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:58 AM
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 4:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What font did you use?

Try to logon with Clean Boot to see if the same issue occurs. Also perform a whole disk scan to check if any virus or spyware in your PC.

And this issue might be caused by the font files were encrypted that after reboot they become locked and not available.

Before you want to install the font, right click it and click “”unchecked encryption”.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 9, 2011 6:26 AM
  • thanks for the reply.  I was able to fix it by doing a system restore to the day before the problem started, and then re-installing the fonts.  this seems to have taken care of it.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:58 AM
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 4:20 PM