none
Lookup Table updates aren't seen in Microsoft Project Professional 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello!

    I've added one more value to the lookup table in PWA, but I can't choose it in Microsoft Project Professional 2010 as changes do not apply automatically. Adding new Project Server Account to Microsoft Project Professional 2010 helps, but it means that a new Project Server Account has to be added for every user manually. Is there any mechanism that will help to update lookup table values for all users?

    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 7:19 AM

Answers

  • I'd suggest you to try publishing the project from PWA, then see if the value shows up in Project Pro. Otherwise try to clean up the cache. You already mentionned that you did it, but maybe not the hard method.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    • Marked as answer by Darya K Monday, April 6, 2015 4:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:37 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi Darya,

    Is it a task or project custom field? After updating a lookup table, you should not have to recreate the server account in Project Pro. Just take into account that the enterprise global (containing the custom fields and lookup tables) is loaded while opening Project Pro. Thus after updating the lookup table, you have to close Project Pro (in case it is opened) and open it again. Can you see the new value while editing a project in PWA? Then also check that the enterprise global is not checked out.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:32 AM
    Moderator
  • It's a task custom field. With the project custom field reopening MS Project Professional helps, but not in this case. 

    Deleting all files and folders from the cache helped to solve the problem, but this also works only for one user, not for all at once.


    • Edited by Darya K Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:01 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:01 AM
  • Can you see the new value while editing a project in PWA?

    Then also check that the custom field and the lookup table are not checked out (server settings, force checkin enterprise objects).


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:08 AM
    Moderator
  • Yes, I do see new values in PWA.

    Niether lookup table, nor enterprise global is checked out. 

    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:28 AM
  • I'd suggest you to try publishing the project from PWA, then see if the value shows up in Project Pro. Otherwise try to clean up the cache. You already mentionned that you did it, but maybe not the hard method.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    • Marked as answer by Darya K Monday, April 6, 2015 4:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:37 AM
    Moderator
  • I used the "hard method", and it helped. The thing is I have more than 600 users, and I'll definitely die while cleaning for all of them.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:43 AM
  • Indeed it could be tedious. Publishing the project from PWA should work and depending on the number of projects per project managers, it could be the solution. Maybe publishing the projects from Project Pro could also work, and in this case you could use a powershell script to bulk publish the projects.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:51 AM
    Moderator