How to force DOCTYPE on google maps iframe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i'm trying to embed a google maps with a lot of markers on sharepoint 2010, but because i'm using IE11 the map seems to not work properly.. on my research i've learned that is because the doctype that the IE uses.. how can i force the map to use a compatible doctype so that the maps work has it should?

thanks

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Akioers,

If you have no access to edit master pages, you cannot add this tag to the head section.

For this issue, please connect its official forum to check if there are any API for deploy it in IE 11.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, March 4, 2016 11:23 AM
    Monday, February 29, 2016 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Akioers,

Add the following tag into the head section of your master page, then IE will use the specific rendering mode.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

An article about how to specify the document type supported by an earlier version of Internet Explorer for your reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj676915%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:23 AM
  • thanks for the reply Linda, i've forgot to tell that i don't have access to edit the master pages..
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:53 PM
  • Hi Akioers,

If you have no access to edit master pages, you cannot add this tag to the head section.

For this issue, please connect its official forum to check if there are any API for deploy it in IE 11.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, March 4, 2016 11:23 AM
    Monday, February 29, 2016 1:23 PM