none
Is there any way to set default Proposal values using the Import from Sharepoint List? RRS feed

• Question

• We want to be able to set default values for Proposals so that when a user creates a new Proposal the values are set already. How can we do this using Import from Sharepoint List? It seems this uses Task data only???
    Monday, June 20, 2011 7:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am assuming you mean you wish to default certain custom field values at the proposal level when doing the import from SharePoint in PS 2007?  As far as I am aware, the import from sharepoint list in this case provides you with task informaiton only, not the custom field info. If you want default values, then you could specify your custom field defaults via Server Settings, but note, these will be set for all projects created as well.

I don't have a 2007 instance handy, but if the page has a web part zone, you may have an option to put a content editor webpart on the proposal summary info page that does some form of rudiemtary defaulting, but it wouldn't be an elegant solution.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:38 AM