locked
Undelivered emails with original email content RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dealing with a little issue with our undelivered emails. We have a process where we capture all our undelivered emails to our customers and process them. Everything was working fine until we switched our email accounts from GoDaddy to our own exchange server. Now, since we move happened, our exchange server is still capturing the undelivered emails but the emails are showing up with NO ORIGINAL email content attached. Is this some kind of setup that needs to be turned on on exchange server?

    Thanks for your help!

    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:28 PM

Answers

  • Check out the settings for the Set-TransportConfig cmdlet, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124151.aspx.

    Although I've never had to do what you're asking, it looks like some of the settings address your request, particularly the DSNConversionMode and ExternalDsnMaxMessageAttachSize parameters.

    Please let us know if that works for you.


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Proposed as answer by Herbert Zimbizi Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by madasty Friday, January 13, 2012 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:52 AM

All replies

  • Check out the settings for the Set-TransportConfig cmdlet, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124151.aspx.

    Although I've never had to do what you're asking, it looks like some of the settings address your request, particularly the DSNConversionMode and ExternalDsnMaxMessageAttachSize parameters.

    Please let us know if that works for you.


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Proposed as answer by Herbert Zimbizi Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by madasty Friday, January 13, 2012 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:52 AM
  • Hi Ed. As you suggested, our admin looked at mailserver’s TransportConfig and changed DSNConversionMode to DoNotConvert and now its working like a charm.

    Thank you for your help!


    Microsoft Blogs
    Friday, January 13, 2012 8:40 PM