Windows 8 client not being released from Quarantine RRS feed

• General discussion

• MY VPN client works with Windows XP and Windows 7 clients.  It is an Microsoft L2TP connection going connection manage. 

I've checked the Application logs on the VPN server.  Whenever a Windows 7 or XP client connects to the server, there is an application event log showing the user authenticate and then another log entry indicating RQS.exe is fired on the server to remove the client from quarantine and place it on the network.

On a Windows 8 client, the event log shows everything the same through the authentication, but RQS is never started on the server to remove the client from quarantine.

is there a way I can manually start RQS from a command prompt on the server to remove the client from quarantine?

Also, I have noticed there is a new RQS.exe program downloadable from Microsoft, but the System admins don't want to install it unless we see the release notes.  Does anyone have the release notes for RQS.exe 5.2.379...?

I have disabled all firewalls on the client, so it isn't a firewall issue. 

I wrote the application which issues the RQC command with parameters after verify the PC meets our network requirements.  The RQC command should be the same whether the client is a Windows XP, 7 or 8 device.  However, the server never seems to get the request.

I think others with Windows 8 are having a similar issue as I see similar problems listed on the Windows 8 Networking Forum.

Do I need to install the new RQS.exe to support Win 8?

Any ideas?  (Thanks in advance)

• Changed type Aiden_Cao Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:48 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Aiden

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Aiden Cao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

What is the operation system of the server?

Best Regards

Scott Xie

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:24 AM