cant find saved files RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded a file, jpg, from a website and i cant find it in explorer. i did a  search of the whole computer and still couldn't find it. however when i go to save it again i can see it and open it, but not in windows picture viewer but paint only.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:08 AM

Answers

• How do you download the picture? You may try to right-click and choose “Save As” to download the picture.
    Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, March 26, 2010 3:42 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think, that you download the image only to temporaly folder>

C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Temp

or you download this files into Download folder:

C:\Users\<yourname>\Downloads

You are using Internet Explorer? Or another browser..?

Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:17 PM
  • When you download it again, what is the path it's being downloaded to? Look at the bread crumbs bar at the top. If you click the left mouse button while pointing to it, you will get the actual path displayed. Right click on that then select Copy.

Now press the Windows key (next to the  Ctrl key) then press Ctrl+v to paste the path into the Search Programs and Files box and press Enter.

That will open Windows Explorer to the folder you saved the .jpg in.

Breadcrumbs bar:

Rich Why can't I be different and original like everybody else? - Vivian Stanshal
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:24 PM
  • thanks for the help

couldn't see it the file in the temp folder or the download folder. i am using internet explorer

i looked at the 'bread crumbs' and copied and pasted but still no file

i put the 'save' screen next to the explorer screen and all is the same except the jpg that i want

Monday, March 22, 2010 8:57 AM
  • What path did the Address (bread crumb) bar give you?

What was the filename.ext you saved it as?

Rich Why can't I be different and original like everybody else? - Vivian Stanshal
    Monday, March 22, 2010 5:34 PM
  • it gave me "Libraries\Documents" document name is "James from England census.jpg"

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 5:58 AM
  • How do you download the picture? You may try to right-click and choose “Save As” to download the picture.
    Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, March 26, 2010 3:42 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:13 AM