Can I change the host part of the SIP message header to be the mediation server IP instead of FQDN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I am trying to setup a SIP trunk and my provider ask me to put a Mediation Server IP address that is faced to them instead of FQDN of the Mediation Server.

I am using OCS 2007 R2 ent.

So basically I want my message header for outgoing calls to be +1555xxxx@<IP address> instead of +1555xxxx@<FQDN>

Is this can be done, and how?

Thanks.

Monday, December 13, 2010 11:12 AM

All replies

• Im faced with the same issue, however the provider I am trying to use is not certified by MS although they do support SIP over TCP. I'd be interested to hear if you have found a solution yet?

Many thanks

Adam

Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:56 PM
  • Hi Adam,

My provider find a way to "recognize" me by FQDN of the Mediation Server so I stopped looking for а solution.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:26 PM
  • Thanks for letting me know, mine is failing to do this so far..................:(
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Hello Adam,

I know that this can be done using SBC's - for example the Acme Net-Net SBC.
    Please see slide 9 of this presentation.

http://nl.convergencepoint.westcon.com/documents;jsessionid=4F34A2860A96BCBF954A5D1E742F290D?documentId=36048&filename=uring_Enterprise_VoIP_070209.ppt

Now, I do understand that you would not get a SBC and place it at a customer site, but your operator should be able to fix this in case they are
    terminating your SIP Trunk in an SBC device.

/mk

Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:13 AM
  • Was anyone ever able to figure out if this can be done?

I am facing the same request from my provider.

Friday, March 22, 2013 4:23 PM