none
Export changes to file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

MIM have a way to export pending changes, for example to AD in file, like this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/10481.fim-troubleshooting-how-to-see-the-effect-of-an-export-without-commiting-the-changes.aspx

But if I want to make a file which contains all changes made during export to AD, how it can be done?

Thanks!

Friday, May 19, 2017 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

since Exports are always "Delta" the pending changes are "all" changes since the last time you exported.

So what do you mean by "all Change", since when, or which original state ?

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Friday, May 19, 2017 9:34 AM
  • We want to see something like report on email or in file - what was changed during last export to AD.

Yes, we can get some kind of model what will be changed, but  this can be not real changes, for example, if we get a permission issue or another problems. MA is generating such kind of reports after export and we want to see them outside of MIM, for example report to AD administrator, who is not MIM admin.

Is it clear?

Sorry for bad explanation.

Friday, May 19, 2017 9:39 AM
  • Hi,

I think I got it, maybe ;-)

You could also set a log file on the confirming Delta Import after the export, and calculate the "real" changes that have no Errors comparing to the export log file. Since exports that run into an error will not be on the next import.

I don't know any other way of doing such a requirement.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Friday, May 19, 2017 9:51 AM