Data Warehouse failed to deploy database component RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently I added the new management pack for Windows Server Operating System, the version that I installed is 6.0.6958.0; a few moments later I received the error 'Data Warehouse failed to deploy database component' and the warning 'Workflow runtime failed to run a process or a script'.

This is the details for the events:

Date and Time: 5/11/2012 8:45:51 AM
    Log Name: Operations Manager
    Source: Health Service Modules
    Event Number: 31565
    Level: 1
    Logging Computer: xxx.xxx.xxx
    User: N/A
     Description:
    Failed to deploy Data Warehouse component. The operation will be retried. Exception 'DeploymentException': Failed to perform Data Warehouse component deployment operation: Install; Component: Script, Id: '3a49a530-26a2-c525-35fe-69df5898f150', Management Pack Version-dependent Id: 'dbf18271-9643-32ff-4849-00d79d9e2a9d'; Target: Database, Server name: 'xxxxCOMDB', Database name: 'OperationsManagerDW'. Batch ordinal: 1; Exception: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'. If this statement is a common table expression or an xmlnamespaces clause, the previous statement must be terminated with a semicolon. Incorrect syntax near ','. Incorrect syntax near ','. Incorrect syntax near ','. Incorrect syntax near ','. Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'ELSE'. One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Component Instance name: mlddcsvcom01-vm.datacenter.milady.local Instance ID: {96EAC321-1753-CAF6-C44B-4D4BB0DF3473} Management group: XXXXX.XXX

I've checked some articles and information about this issue and I found that is necessary to upgrade the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Reporting but when I run the SCOM installer and select this option only shows the options: Modify, Repair or Uninstall.

Can you please give me some more information about this issue and an effective solution?

Many thanks for the assistance!

Regards, 

Friday, May 11, 2012 4:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you using SQL 2005 to host the ops db and dw?  If so then this is the problem.  The reports are written for SQL 2008.  Holman has a blog post about this.

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/

Friday, May 11, 2012 5:29 PM
  • Hi Blake,

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes I'm using SQL 2005 for both. Is this some patch or upgrade that I can run for use this reports in SQL 2005?

Many thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Friday, May 11, 2012 5:39 PM
  • Hi,

No support for SQL2005, check Kevin's blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2011/10/18/opsmgr-mp-update-new-base-os-mp-6-0-6958-0-ships.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Yog Li Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:22 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 8:38 PM
  • Hi,

I already checked the article from Kevin, and yes is correct. Only I have a situation, if I already install the management pack and I need to delete it, what are the procedures that I need to do for change it to the oldest version?

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Friday, May 11, 2012 9:17 PM
  • Delete the MP import the old one.  If there are any overrides associated with the new mp, export them and delete that MP as well, re import after you import the new one.

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/

Saturday, May 12, 2012 3:43 AM