none
FIM 2010 R2 Request Time Out Error while Reseting the Password. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I have Installed FIMService and Sync Service on one server and Configure the Password Registration Portal and Reset Portal on different server.

I successfully register for the password registration but when trying to reset the password getting System TimeOut Exception.

Event Viewer Error:-

Log Name:      Forefront Identity Manager
    Source:        Microsoft.CredentialManagement.ResetPortal
    Date:          8/29/2012 3:41:00 PM
    Event ID:      3
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Description:
    There was a timeout error while resetting the user's password.
    Details:
    System.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to 'http://fimserver:5725/ResourceManagementService/Alternate' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:01:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

Friday, August 31, 2012 9:43 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the Reply.

I Uninstall the Password Registration Portal , Password Reset Portal & FIM Portal and reinstall the same.

Now the things are working fine, able to Reset the password successfully.

• Marked as answer by Deepak Sharma Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:08 PM
    • Edited by Deepak Sharma Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:08 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:08 PM

All replies

• Are they behind NLB?
    Monday, September 3, 2012 12:58 AM
  • We are facing issue on  customer site. I think there is no NLB.
    Monday, September 3, 2012 8:23 PM
  • u have to look at the log on FIMService to understand why that's happening (not the ResetPortal)
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Thanks for the Reply.

I Uninstall the Password Registration Portal , Password Reset Portal & FIM Portal and reinstall the same.

Now the things are working fine, able to Reset the password successfully.

• Marked as answer by Deepak Sharma Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:08 PM
    • Edited by Deepak Sharma Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:08 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:08 PM