none
Remove-AppxPackage doesn't remove CandyCrush and other rubbish

Question

• I'm struggling since a yesterday with this problem.

I am creating a script to get rid of all the bloatware preinstalled in Windows 10. 

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage on Powershell works just fine, except for CandyCrush, Minecraft and another game I don't even remember the name.

The reason is probably that, while I run the script, those 3 apps are in download (automatic downloaded by the store as "Suggested Apps).

I tried to remove the Windows Store App, but those downloads will stay in the start menu - with a progress bar below the name, always at 0 and never disappearing. But if I open the Windows Store application and cancel the downloads, finally the icons are gone. But I am trying to automate this process (I will have to configure a lot of Win10 PCs) and opening the store eachtime and aborting the downloads it's obviously not an option.

Any way I could circumvent this problem? Perhaps a command to abort the Windows Store downloads? Some fancy location where I can get rid of the icons manually?

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:27 PM

All replies

• CandyCrush (and Twitter) also breaks sysprep.  There's a group policy to disable downloading it (Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences).  LTSB doesn't download it at all.

https://winpeguy.wordpress.com/2015/12/06/win10-start-menu-junk-and-candy-crush-soda-saga/

• Edited by JS2010 Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:50 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:53 PM
  • I'm struggling since a yesterday with this problem.

I am creating a script to get rid of all the bloatware preinstalled in Windows 10. 

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage on Powershell works just fine, except for CandyCrush, Minecraft and another game I don't even remember the name.

The reason is probably that, while I run the script, those 3 apps are in download (automatic downloaded by the store as "Suggested Apps).

I tried to remove the Windows Store App, but those downloads will stay in the start menu - with a progress bar below the name, always at 0 and never disappearing. But if I open the Windows Store application and cancel the downloads, finally the icons are gone. But I am trying to automate this process (I will have to configure a lot of Win10 PCs) and opening the store eachtime and aborting the downloads it's obviously not an option.

Any way I could circumvent this problem? Perhaps a command to abort the Windows Store downloads? Some fancy location where I can get rid of the icons manually?

Thanks a lot!

Use this tutorial :

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4689-apps-uninstall-windows-10-a.html

Option Two... To Remove Specific Windows Apps from Current Account in PowerShell
    Start with step #1, 2, 3or 4, 5 and 6.

P.S. I had to reinstall Win 10 and I used the above method to UN-install apps I don't want including Candy Crush Soda Saga.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:04 PM
  • tenforums.com option 2 above worked 3/29/18. Thank you.
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:45 PM