none
Connecting MIM Connector to Web Services Data Sources RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i wish to use MIM to connect to Data sources with Web Services exposed. Can I use

1. The PowerShell MA to achieve this ? How Reliable\efficient is this approach ?

2. Can i customize the Web Services Connector to achieve this for my various application identity data sources, even though the default Web Services Connector Projects are specific to Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft etc.

Thanks

Akinzo

Monday, October 3, 2016 9:05 PM

Answers

• David-

You can do either of these. The PowerShell approach will likely be a bit easier to get going but you'll have to deal with all of the underlying APIs to push the data up to the sync engine.

The Web Services Connector abstracts this but the learning curve can be a bit high. You can certainly use it for things other than what it comes with (SAP, etc.).

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

• Marked as answer by David Ayodele Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:50 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2016 11:29 PM

All replies

• David-

You can do either of these. The PowerShell approach will likely be a bit easier to get going but you'll have to deal with all of the underlying APIs to push the data up to the sync engine.

The Web Services Connector abstracts this but the learning curve can be a bit high. You can certainly use it for things other than what it comes with (SAP, etc.).

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

• Marked as answer by David Ayodele Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:50 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2016 11:29 PM
  • Thank you very much

Akinzo

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:50 AM