none
Is it possible to "un-publish" a project? RRS feed

• Question

• Sometimes we publish a project too soon, and folks get assigments that are not real. At that point, short of deleting the project, I don't know how to "un-publish" it. I.e., I'd like to keep the project intact and checked into ProjectServer, but I don't want folks to see their assignments. Moving the Resources back to "Proposed" and re-publishing does not seem to do the trick. This appears to be true in SP 2010 and SP 2007.

Thoughts?

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

There are several ways to 'un-publish' a project:

• You can unpublish all your tasks by setting the Publish flag to no for all tasks (in Project Pro, add the Publish field to a task view)
    • You can 'delete' the published version of your project. The draft (=saved) version is not deleted (PWA -> Server Settings -> Delete Enterprise Objects -> select 'Delete projects only from Published database'

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hello Peter,

I don't know how to un-publish. There is a task field called "publish", that you can set to NO.

Maybe that could help?

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:56 PM
  • Hi Peter,

There are several ways to 'un-publish' a project:

• You can unpublish all your tasks by setting the Publish flag to no for all tasks (in Project Pro, add the Publish field to a task view)
    • You can 'delete' the published version of your project. The draft (=saved) version is not deleted (PWA -> Server Settings -> Delete Enterprise Objects -> select 'Delete projects only from Published database'

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:57 PM