[Windows Server 2016]: Error when I trying logon with accout domain controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone!

My Company run OS Windows Server 2016. Today, when I Login with accout join domain, receive error:

""the truth relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed"

Can you help me? Fix error

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Lam,

Thank you for posting here.
    Please try the following steps to fix it:

1. Use a local administrator account to log on to the computer. 
    2. Select Start, press and hold (or right-click) Computer (or This PC) > Properties.
    3. Select Change settings next to the computer name.
    4. On the Computer Name tab, select Change.
    5. Under the Member of heading, select Workgroup, type a workgroup name, and then select OK.
    6. When you are prompted to restart the computer, select OK.
    7. On the Computer Name tab, select Change again.
    8. Under the Member of heading, select Domain, and then type the domain name.  
    9. Select OK, and then type the credentials of the user who has permissions in the domain.
    10. When you are prompted to restart the computer, select OK.
    11. Restart the computer.

If the above steps did not resolve your issue, please read the other methods mentioned in this article: "Fix: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed".
    * Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:25 AM
  • OK,Thanks Yic Lv
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 2:23 AM