Softgrid Application Launch Error "the windows installer service could not be accessed" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to launch an virtualized shortcut on our client(TS client for softgrid), when i launch it fails with error " the windoes installer service could not be acceessed".

I tried launching this shortcut in other machines as well where installer service is present but no go.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:30 AM

Answers

• I'm taking a wild guess here, but does the package contain Windows Installer runtime files in it? This was by default up until Softgrid 4.0 (I think), where it offered to include those as additionally mapped VFS files after monitoring phase.

If so, try to remove them from the sequence as different WI runtime version in the package from what version is installed on the local machine could prevent MSI auto-repair (HKCU registry settings etc.) from happening inside the bubble.

/Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, April 16, 2010 8:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:39 PM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

As you provide no information of how you sequenced the application or any measure to ensure that its a functional package I would suggest reading the sequencing whitepaper, which provides excellent steps to perform a successfull delivery.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/7/8/F784A197-73BE-48FF-83DA-4102C05A6D44/App-46_Sequencing_Guide_Final.docx

/Znack
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:52 AM
  • I'm taking a wild guess here, but does the package contain Windows Installer runtime files in it? This was by default up until Softgrid 4.0 (I think), where it offered to include those as additionally mapped VFS files after monitoring phase.

If so, try to remove them from the sequence as different WI runtime version in the package from what version is installed on the local machine could prevent MSI auto-repair (HKCU registry settings etc.) from happening inside the bubble.

/Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, April 16, 2010 8:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:39 PM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 7:18 PM
  • The repair it self was seem to be causing the proble, so i had to resequence it.

now its working fine, appricaite all your responses.

Thanks

Shuaib

Saturday, April 17, 2010 4:56 AM