none
Autopilot csv from sccm report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

If I try to import the autopilot csv file extracted from the specific sccm report I have an error.

Is there a simple way to format correctly the exported file from the report?

Thanks

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:56 AM

Answers

• It looks like the report from SCCM exports with a header from the report viewer as well as a row that sort of describes each of the columns. Columns A, B, and C are going to be the same on all rows. That is actually what you need to have as your headers for Columns D, E, and F.

I opened it in Excel to make it easier. 

Once in Excel, I deleted rows 1-3 and cleared the values from the new row 1 (formerly row 4).

Copy the values of A2, B2, and C2. Paste them to D1, E1, and F1 respectively. Then delete columns A, B, and C.

Save that and you should be able to upload it to Intune without issue.

• Proposed as answer by Socratio Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by zolabus Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:18 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:45 PM

All replies

• The CSV file should list the serial numbers, Windows product IDs, hardware hashes, optional group tags, and optional assigned user. You can have up to 500 rows in the list. Use the header and line format shown below:

Device Serial Number,Windows Product ID,Hardware Hash,Group Tag,Assigned User
    <serialNumber>,<ProductID>,<hardwareHash>,<optionalGroupTag>,<optionalAssignedUser>

Also, when you use CSV upload to assign a user, make sure that you assign valid UPNs. If you assign an invalid UPN (incorrect username), your device may be inaccessible until you remove the invalid assignment. During CSV upload the only validation we perform on the Assigned User column is to check that the domain name is valid. We're unable to perform individual UPN validation to ensure that you're assigning an existing or correct user.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/enrollment-autopilot    

Best regards,
    Cici Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:27 AM
  • everything clear but is there any method to format correctly the csv exported by the sccm report?
    Monday, September 16, 2019 12:01 PM
  • You can run the script to put the necessary information into a CSV can be found here on the PowerShell Gallery repository. Upload this CSV using the Azure Portal or Store for Business.

#Gather a computer's AutoPilot info:
    Set-Location -Path C:\Sources
    Save-Script -Name Get-WindowsAutoPilotInfo -Path .\
    Install-Script -Name Get-WindowsAutoPilotInfo
    .\Get-WindowsAutoPilotInfo.ps1 -ComputerName 'LOCALHOST' -OutputFile .\MyComputer.csv -Append
    Import-Csv -Path .\MyComputer.csv

If you already have the machine running on your network, you can simply run the script at any time to collect the data. Starting with SCCM build 1706, you now have the ability to create and run PowerShell scripts from the Configuration Manager console.

And if you have SCCM build 1802, there is a report which contains the same information in bulk, gathered from the devices in your site. The data could then be pre-staged into AutoPilot, ready for use the next time a given machine is reimaged or factory reset.

More information: https://www.swc.com/blog/cloud/windows-autopilot-scenarios-modernizing-windows-deployment-part-1

Best regards,

Cici Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Hi my question is if from the csv export created from the sccm report (that is not good for the intune upload) is there any way to create the correct one.

Thanks

Friday, September 20, 2019 12:55 PM
  • It looks like the report from SCCM exports with a header from the report viewer as well as a row that sort of describes each of the columns. Columns A, B, and C are going to be the same on all rows. That is actually what you need to have as your headers for Columns D, E, and F.

I opened it in Excel to make it easier. 

Once in Excel, I deleted rows 1-3 and cleared the values from the new row 1 (formerly row 4).

Copy the values of A2, B2, and C2. Paste them to D1, E1, and F1 respectively. Then delete columns A, B, and C.

Save that and you should be able to upload it to Intune without issue.

• Proposed as answer by Socratio Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by zolabus Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:18 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:45 PM