Open New Tab with Home page on Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 1709) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to set when a new tab opens on Edge it should open with Home Page. GPO is working fine for Internet Explorer but Edge it's not working.

As per the articles I have read, They said it will work on Windows 10 versions 1809 and later on. 

Set New Tab page URL

Supported versions: Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, version 1809

Default setting: Disabled or not configured (Blank)

Even I have tried with below registry Setting but it didn't work.

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Internet Settings

Value Name : NewTabPageURL

Value Type : REG_SZ

Value data : https://xyz.com

Please let me know, If there is any other way to configure new tab to open with Home page on Windows 10 1709 version.

Thank You in Advance :-)

Best Regards,

Sugandh Gandham

Sugandh

Friday, November 23, 2018 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Gandham,

Thanks for your question.

I think you can't get what you want. Maybe you need to update your win10 system to version 1809. Also you may try to use Breeze extension.

Please refer the link below:

https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/82765-set-new-tab-open-specifc-page-2.html

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Friday, November 23, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

LEE

Just do it.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:58 AM
  • Hi Lee,

I have checked this setting and it's a manual work but I need to deploy this setting to 1000's of users and trying to do it with GPO. Please let me know How can we achieve this via GPO.

Sugandh

Friday, November 30, 2018 9:58 AM
  • Hi,

I think you can't do it. The Breeze extension is not a good idea for you. I think you may need to update your system.

Best Regards,

Lee 

Just do it.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:55 AM