microsoft.mshtml error when trying to upload muliple documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have sharepoint 2007 and when we try to upload multiple documents we get an error "Could not load file or assembly 'Mircosoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. This is only happening to HP desktop using Windows XP.  This error message comes up right away once I click on Upload Multiple Documents. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:11 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - Collaboration (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can check if the upload ActiveX control is installed correctly by going to Manage Add-Ons in IE8. Set the filter to show 'All Add-Ons'. Under Toolbars and Extensions look for the STSUpld UploadCtl Class and ensure it is enabled. It should have a major version of 12, for example 12.0.4518.1014.

Additionally, please make sure the site is in trusted sites zone.

hth,

Chirag Patel, MCTS
    Blog: techChirag.com
    Twitter: @techChirag
    • Marked as answer by cthang Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can check if the upload ActiveX control is installed correctly by going to Manage Add-Ons in IE8. Set the filter to show 'All Add-Ons'. Under Toolbars and Extensions look for the STSUpld UploadCtl Class and ensure it is enabled. It should have a major version of 12, for example 12.0.4518.1014.

Additionally, please make sure the site is in trusted sites zone.

hth,

Chirag Patel, MCTS
    Blog: techChirag.com
    Twitter: @techChirag
    • Marked as answer by cthang Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:46 PM
  • Thanks For the quick reply Chirag, I do not see the add on at all is there a way I can load that?

Thanks

Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:22 PM
  • thanks again, i got it working. I repaired Office 2010 and it resinstalled the class.
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:53 PM