No Sensor Data on certain machines RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, I'm looking for potential ideas on help for troubleshooting "No Sensor Data" on two desktops and a laptop in my org.  I have been through all the recommended troubleshooting steps - they all have internet connectivity, the troubleshooting tool says success on all messages, the logs say they are connecting to the service successfully, but securitycenter.windows.com claims the machines haven't sent any sensor data.

The only support I can find is this person who had the same issue and didn't really explain it more than a "firewall" issue, which helps a bit but not much... the Windows firewall settings are the same, and I'm not certain why the hardware firewall (cisco ASA) would treat the same service differently on random machines.

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:43 PM

All replies

• Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or MVPs.

Twitter: @alexverboon | Blog: Anything About IT

Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:02 PM
  • Was there supposed to be text there?

By the way, as of yesterday, the sensors have begun reporting. I don't know if it was a Windows Update or something else, but I did notice that I started seeing reporting after I had removed the old OneDrive for Business client and replaced it with the new OneDrive for Business client on the affected users' machines. This happened with 2 of the 3 machines. The last one I had no involvement with, so I do not know if that happened or not, but it worked.
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:52 PM