local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Server R2 with 1 Windows Xp Pro and 3 Windows XP 64bit systems.

I'm unable to login to the domain with Windows XP systems with a user account. This only works with a admin account. " I'm not trying to logon local "

Here are the steps I have checked out on the Domain
    1. Click Start, click Run, type secpol.msc, and then click OK.
    2. Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
    3. In the right pane, double-click Allow logon through Terminal Services. Make sure that the Remote Desktop Users group is listed.
    4. Click OK.

In the right pane, double-click Deny logon through Terminal Services. Make sure that the Remote Desktop Users group is not listed, and then click OK

I have checked all the seetings on the server and can't seem to find what is keeping me from login to the windows XP systems

Please can someone help out

Thanks!!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

You may also add the user account to Allow logon locally group in the default domain policy.

Meanwhile, please make sure the account is in the Active Directory Computers and Users's Remote Desktop Users built-in group.
    Wilson Jia - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Wilson Jia Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:33 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

I just want to confirm this error is occurs at your client Windows XP machine or your domain server?

Is this server a domain controller? what's your "Windows Server R2"'s OS and SP?
    Wilson Jia - MSFT
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:26 AM
  • This only happens on the Windows Xp machine

The domain is fine no problems.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

You may also add the user account to Allow logon locally group in the default domain policy.

Meanwhile, please make sure the account is in the Active Directory Computers and Users's Remote Desktop Users built-in group.
    Wilson Jia - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Wilson Jia Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:33 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 3:09 AM