none
DPM 2016 Replica Inconsistent Error on Share With Data Deduplication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I am currently running a Server 2016 machine with System Center 2016 DPM for my server backups (all my other servers are also 2016).  I am noticing a strange issue when attempting to protect a file share on a few of my machines that have Data Deduplication on them where the status always shows as "Replica is inconsistent" (ID 3106).  My other shares that do not have Data Deduplication on them do not have this issue.

I have attempted to rerun the consistency check several times (as is suggested in the error description), but it always returns back to the same inconsistent state.

So far, I have changed the Data Deduplication type to "Virtualized Backup Server" and created a dummy exception folder (as suggested here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/WINDOWS/en-US/73d25c5f-6974-41c1-98d4-62ae671dde88/dpm-2012-sp1-replica-inconsistent-on-deduplicated-volume?forum=dataprotectionmanager) but none of it has solved the issue.

I would really appreciate any help someone could give regarding this.  Thanks.

Friday, April 20, 2018 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Are those volumes formatted as NTFS or ReFS? Also Data Deduplication feature is installed on your DPM Server? 

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 5:49 AM