none
Still can't get my IE favorites in Edge

Question

• HELP - !!!!!   I live for my Favorites and I am dying without them . .

Copying them to the new correct path for Edge does not work, and Importing them from Internet Explorer Fails.

I have a bunch of Favorites from Internet Explorer including an extensive Favorites bar collection.   When I copy all my favorites to the Edge path for Favorites, none of the IE favorites appear in Edge.   I know I have the path correct because new Edge Favorites created in edge are co-mingled with my old favorites in the same folder when I browse to the location with Windows Explorer. 

C:\Users\steve.bruce\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

Why didn't my Favorites show up automatically when I Upgraded from Windows 7 ?   

How do I get my existing Favorites to show up in edge  . . copying them to the correct path does not work . . importing them from IE fails. 

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No need to copy favorites folder. To import the Favorites from IE, firstly, make sure these website were already imported to IE. You can check them from IE Favorites.

After that, try to import the websites for test. If failed, please post the detailed error message here.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

No need to copy favorites folder. To import the Favorites from IE, firstly, make sure these website were already imported to IE. You can check them from IE Favorites.

After that, try to import the websites for test. If failed, please post the detailed error message here.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:12 AM
  • Edge does not import all of my IE favorites. Only a few of them. What is the fix ?
    Sunday, August 07, 2016 11:27 PM
  • Why is the answer (marked by the Moderator) marked as an answer when its only the same instructions for importing the IE Favorites that doesn't work...

I have exactly the same problem...

No errors to post... I follow the instructions for importing favorites... Nothing in my Favorites Bar... Nothing in my favorites...

If I look in the documented folder, the links seem to be there, but Microsoft Edge doesn't seem to notice that...

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:31 AM