none
user policy is not apply

Question

• HI Experts,

This is inform to you that my user policy is not update on client machine if we tired to gpupdate /force than i am getting below error

Updating Policy...

User policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM\SysVol\SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM\Policies\{3239B531-EAAE-4E0F-9960-DAC8993185F6}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following: 

a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller. 

b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller). 

c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM\SysVol\SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM\Policies\{3239B531-EAAE-4E0F-9960-DAC8993185F6}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following: 

a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller. 

b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller). 

c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html from the command line to access information about Group Policy results

Thanks

Please reply on this i have log a call to Microsoft team but they have already check and taken my five days but issue still not resolve.

thanks

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:44 AM

All replies

• > This is inform to you that my user policy is not update on client machine if we tired to gpupdate /force than i am getting below error

Thanks for this information :-)

> The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM <http://subdomain.domain.com/>\SysVol\SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM\Policies\{3239B531-EAAE-4E0F-9960-DAC8993185F6}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following:

Repair Sysvol replication.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:59 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:41 PM
  • Hi,
    Alternatively, you could check if there is Name Resolution/Network Connectivity problem, if that is the case, please try to browse the Sysvol directory by \\domainname\Sysvol\ and by Domain Controller name or FQDN (\\DCname.domainname\Sysvol\)from Start\Run instead of domain name from Start\Run, then see if you will get error message.it will help to identify network problems,
    If you face the network connective problem, it may be the DNS problem, so please also check DNS issue.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:49 AM
  • > Alternatively, you could check if there is Name Resolution/Network Connectivity problem,

No need to do so. In 20 years, I've seen no other reason for this message than broken sysvol replication due to Journal Wrap... Ok, one other reason every 5 years or so.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 8:26 AM