none
MS Project 2013 - page breaks when using customised reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've amended the 'out of the box' milestone report slightly - I've removed the graph and added in Resource Names to the tabular report for all 3 standard sections.

I then noticed when I made it into A4 (think it may be A3 by default) that what I thought were headers actually weren't and the page broke in the middle of a row splitting it in two. I made it back to A3 at this point.

My question therefore is; if I use a report like the milestone one, do I have to manually add the fake headers if the page breaks? I'm actually not convinced this would work to be honest.

I hope that I've explained the challenge clearly enough...Thanks.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 11:42 AM

Answers

• Thanks Ben - good to know but hugely disappointing. 

I only started using Project just before Christmas and have raised 3 or 4 queries, none of which has had a happy ending. I'm not even a bona fide Project Manager so I don't know how people who use the product day in day out, cope.

Thanks again, I'll mark this answered.

• Marked as answer by dredski99 Monday, March 12, 2018 3:29 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 3:29 PM

All replies

• Are people still on holiday, have I not described it well enough or is this not exciting enough an issue?

I'm going to try inserting a screen shot here....but I'm not allowed to ;-(

• Edited by dredski99 Tuesday, January 9, 2018 11:11 AM typo
    Monday, January 8, 2018 11:37 AM
  • No one?
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 12:15 PM
  • Anyone?....it's just run onto the 2nd page.
    Monday, March 12, 2018 9:59 AM
  • Alas this is just how it works - there doesn't appear to be any intelligence in terms of splitting tables etc.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, March 12, 2018 1:06 PM
  • Thanks Ben - good to know but hugely disappointing. 

I only started using Project just before Christmas and have raised 3 or 4 queries, none of which has had a happy ending. I'm not even a bona fide Project Manager so I don't know how people who use the product day in day out, cope.

Thanks again, I'll mark this answered.

• Marked as answer by dredski99 Monday, March 12, 2018 3:29 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 3:29 PM
  • Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment in MS Project.  Please note that you can feedback directly to Microsoft either by using the smilys in MS project, or by using UserVoice.  Both facilities are available in the feedback tab. .

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, March 12, 2018 4:04 PM