clients cannot downloading updates from wsus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am done by all configs of wsus :

1: Active directory Group Polices updated

2: All updates approved to install

3: clients is in an OU and in group polices set to Enable client-side targeting too

4: All clients is windows 2012 server

5: when I try to check windows update on clients it search and show the how many update available and how many MB.

6: when click on install update they show error number 80244019

7: Report in WSUS server show Error: Download failed.

please help me what should I do?

thanks

Monday, July 17, 2017 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check if WSUS is configured to store content locally.

For an update to be offered to clients, the following needs to happen:

1. Update must be approved to a target group in WSUS.

2. Update files must be available; so if WSUS is configured to store content locally, the update files must be successfully downloaded by WSUS.

You may refer to the link below for more details:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wsus/2014/06/17/update-not-available-to-clients-after-approved-by-wsus-update-files-failed-to-download/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Tuesday, July 18, 2017 1:38 AM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 1:38 AM
  • Hi,

two options checked,

- Updates approved for groups (server and clients)

- Updates downloaded full in this path C:\WSUS\WsusContent (101 GB)

clients try to update. for example yesterday available updates was 28 and today I check again windows update and it show 64 available updates. when I click on install updates then client can't download them, and show (Errors found code: 80244019)

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

Please follow below troubleshooting steps, one at a time.

1) Stop Windows update Service, delete Software Distribution folder in C:\Windows and start Windows update service and to download and install.
    2) Download latest Windows Update client from below URL
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/949104   Install latest Windows update client and try to install update again
    3) Start Windows Modular Installaer service and restart Windows update service and then try to install the patches

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

I do that but no good result,

I setup new windows and reinstall new WSUS and setup it again step by step.

other friends can see this article too:

https://mizitechinfo.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/step-by-step-installing-configuring-wsus-in-server-2012-r2/

Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see whether reinstall solved the issue? 

If the error still exist, please check whether approved updates are downloaded. 

Any error message in the client event log? Have you checked the Windowsupdate.log?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:15 AM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:15 AM