[SOLVED] - Taskbar Grouping/Association Glitch for Outlook? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure where to post about this so I'm covering both angles.  I'm nearly certain this is a Windows 7 issue, not necessarily specific to Outlook but we've only been able to reproduce this problem in/with Outlook 2007.

While running Outlook 2007 in Windows 7, if we open multiple emails Windows 7/the taskbar correctly groups emails and other Outlook related items under the Outlook icon in the taskbar.  This is normal behavior.

However, when we open a Word document [attachment] from Outlook, a Word icon does not appear on the taskbar.  Instead, when we hover the mouse over the Outlook icon, we see all Outlook related windows *and* the Word application.  (Basically: If you were to look at the taskbar alone, you wouldn't think Word was open.)

Is this because Outlook 'spawned' the [child] Word process or is this some strange glitch?
    • Edited by JuliusPIV Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:35 PM
    Monday, August 23, 2010 1:15 AM

Answers

• The issue does not occur in the latest version of Office program. I suspect that this is a compatibility issue. Please post in our Office forum for more information.

Office IT Pro General Discussions

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 27, 2010 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:18 AM

All replies