Getting Extended User Mailbox statistics from Exchange 2007 Standard RRS feed

• Question

• I'm responsible for a Win 2008 server running Exchange 2007 with about 40 user accounts. I've only seen power shell ,but have not used it. I would like to create a script or method to I safely determine the number of messages per folder per mail box. We have one mail store for email and one for public folders on a Win 2008 server. I send email to the users to empty their deleted items folder and delete un-needed email, but many of them ignore me. I don't want to just delete mail as it reaches a certain age.  If I have a report, I can provide it to management and show them the user stats and let them manage their employees.

Can someone provide a detailed explaination so I can setup a Power Shell script that I can run as needed?

• Edited by Tony G_ Friday, October 14, 2011 1:35 PM typo
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Run the command like:

Get-Mailbox | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics | Select-object Identity,ItemsInFolder,FolderSize | Export-Csv c:\statistic.csv

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Jason LJS Monday, October 17, 2011 6:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason LJS Friday, October 21, 2011 7:41 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:39 AM

All replies

• This will help  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996762.aspx

This example doesn't specify the FolderScope parameter and retrieves all the information about the user Chris in the Contoso domain.

Get-MailboxFolderStatistics -Identity contoso\chris

If you want to do it for all the users run get-mailbox | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics

Jasjit Singh Dhindsa | ITIL v3 | IASA Foundation Certified | MCITP:Exchange 2010 | Exchange 2007 | MCTS:OCS 2007 | Exchange 2010 | Exchange 2007 | MCSA:Messaging | Security | MCSE:Messaging | Security | MCP
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

Run the command like:

Get-Mailbox | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics | Select-object Identity,ItemsInFolder,FolderSize | Export-Csv c:\statistic.csv

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Jason LJS Monday, October 17, 2011 6:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason LJS Friday, October 21, 2011 7:41 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:39 AM