How can I show rejected changes in a Word 2010 document RRS feed

• Question

• I have a document that another reviewer has changed.  I want to reject some of those changes but I want the other reviewer to see the changes that I have rejected.  How do I accomplish this?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:26 PM

Answers

• You could, of course use Word's compare tool on the 'approved' and 'propsed' documents to see what the differences are. This will also capture any changes by the approver that weren't originally proposed.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you don't want content reviewers to accidentally change a Microsoft Word 2010 document, you can make formatting and editing restrictions.

Restrict changes in Word 2010:

1.   On the Review tab, in the Protect group click Restrict Editing.
    2.   The Restrict Formatting and Editing pane appears.
    3.   In Formatting restrictions, Editing restrictions and Start enforcement, you can make selections that meet your formatting and editing needs.

More reference: " Allow changes to parts of a protected document"

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 25, 2012 8:05 AM
  • If you've rejected the changes, as distinct from not accepting them, then there's nothing left in the document to report as rejected. All Word can report on is changes that have not yet been accepted or rejected.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, May 25, 2012 9:04 AM
  • On 2012-05-25 11:04 (GMT+1), macropod [MVP] wrote:
    If you've rejected the changes, as distinct from not accepting them, then there's nothing left in the document to report as rejected. All Word can report on is changes that have not yet been accepted or rejected.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

What you can do is add a comment, I guess.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Friday, May 25, 2012 3:12 PM
  • Unfortunately, you can't.  And this is a shortcoming to track changes when used for team editing (or coauthoring).  Because team editing is one of Office's touted features,  what with Office 365 and SharePoint, we can hope that they find a way to fix this.  (Of course, it won't be in the version we currently own.)

Pam

• Edited by PamCaswell Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:41 PM
    Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:39 PM
  • You could, of course use Word's compare tool on the 'approved' and 'propsed' documents to see what the differences are. This will also capture any changes by the approver that weren't originally proposed.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:22 AM