none
What is default value for retention policy of project server RRS feed

• Question

• Using daily Schedule backup,

Want to know the default value for retention policy in project server 2013 if it is not set.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 9:48 AM

All replies

• When you ask about retention policy - you're asking if Project Server 2013 deletes the schedules after a specified amount of time? (just making sure)

If that is the case the time frame is infinite, the process for removal of those schedules is by deleting the project from the archive, then the published and draft database(PWA -> Server Settings/PWA Settings -> delete enterprise objects).

HTH 

If this answers your question, please mark as answer

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 10:38 AM
  • I have the below table with me which suggest to have retention policy no  >0,0,-1,-2.

however the description in the table depict that project server default retention policy is something, some number, i need to know that default number.

Value of retention Policy

Description

> 0

Set the project retention policy; override the Project Server default retention policy.

Unlimited retention. Archive the project and do not check for retention delete.

Use the project policy if it is set, otherwise use the Project Server default.

Use the Project Server default retention policy and clear the project retention policy

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 10:58 AM
  • That table is reflective of the Queue

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvcarchive.archive.queuearchiveproject(v=office.12).aspx

QueueArchiveProject is an asynchronous method that sends a message to the Project Server Queuing Service.

However, the retention policy is 4 save versions (you can change this, see link below for more information)- and they are not deleted unless you delete them (as stated above)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/JJ590896.aspx

HTH

If this answers your question please mark as answered

• Marked as answer by Harshal7689 Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Harshal7689 Friday, September 4, 2015 4:42 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 11:47 AM
  • What is behavioural difference between -1 and -2 of retention policy.
    Friday, September 4, 2015 4:29 AM