HP Storage Management Pack for System Center version 4.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have installed the "HP Storage Management Pack for System Center" version 4.1 to monitor HP StoreVirtual Storage Lefthand. We have added the StoreVirtual cluster into "HP Storage Management Pack User Configuration Tool". We get a lot of errors in Operations Manager log. The source for all events is "Health Service Script" and the event ID = 117, 120, 92 and 93. The description text start with "Health Monitor - inside execute..."

What is the problem that caused all this events?

How can I test SNMP traps from the Lefthand devices? The StoreVirtual cluster is configure to send SNMP traps to SCOM.

//Mats A

Monday, December 15, 2014 3:13 PM

Answers

• Mats,

Once you have it properly configured you can have it only trigger warning and critical events and log those via the SNMP trap. Those rules are based on the StoreVirtual side on what gets alerted on. When you do a test of it, that one informational only gets logged because SCOM side its listen to all and you have forced an informational one to go. So, do not worry about it filling up your logs.

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, December 26, 2014 2:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, December 26, 2014 2:20 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, December 26, 2014 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, December 29, 2014 7:09 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2014 3:37 PM

All replies

• It's been forever since I have used the P4000 and storage manager management packs. Have you configured the windows SNMP service to listen for traps? Then have you told the management pack to do an override to enable SNMP Trap catcher discovery?

If I recall just doing a test e-mail on the lefthand or if there was a test trap function it would send an informational error to SCOM that you would see if properly configured.

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, December 22, 2014 5:48 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mats Augustsson Monday, December 22, 2014 2:11 PM
    Monday, December 15, 2014 4:16 PM
  • Hi There,

Do you have configured the SNMP and the SNMP Trap initial configuration ?

Refer the below article to do / verify the same.

http://stefanroth.net/2014/04/07/scom-2012-snmp-traps-how-the-heck-do-i-get-it-working/

Gautam.75801

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, December 22, 2014 5:48 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mats Augustsson Monday, December 22, 2014 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 1:24 PM
  • Yes,

• I have enabled HP StoreVirtual SNMP Trap Catcher Rule and HP StoreVirtual Storage Discovery Rule
    • SNMP WMI Provider is installed and the  SNMP Trap Service is disabled

Is all this event something we have to live with as Jugganutz1871 says? This will fill up the event log...

Monday, December 22, 2014 2:11 PM
  • Mats,

Once you have it properly configured you can have it only trigger warning and critical events and log those via the SNMP trap. Those rules are based on the StoreVirtual side on what gets alerted on. When you do a test of it, that one informational only gets logged because SCOM side its listen to all and you have forced an informational one to go. So, do not worry about it filling up your logs.

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, December 26, 2014 2:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, December 26, 2014 2:20 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, December 26, 2014 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, December 29, 2014 7:09 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2014 3:37 PM