none
To whom or what role..do submitted time sheets get routed to?... RRS feed

• Question

• We have MS Project Server 2010 (eventually moving to 2013).  There is currently a function with Project Server where a resource on a task can enter their time and submit to an approver (this is a requirement for our Resource Mgmt process).  The problem we are having is…”who (or what role) does the approval request go to”?....

For example, I am the project manager on a project.  A resource enters their time and submits it.  I would think that I would see it show up in the Approval Center for me to approve/reject.  We are thinking it is defaulting to whoever entered the project in MS Project Server (this is not always the project manager)?..is this the case?

We have looked in the server settings and everywhere else within the tool (and internet) to see where we can change the routing….to whatever role (or person) we want to.  How is this done?

Friday, June 13, 2014 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In Project Server 2010, you have to understand that the approval process has to be done at 2 levels. 

1. Once the timesheet submitted, it goes to the status manager that is the project owner, meaning the project manager or the PCO. Note that this can be changed in the project plan at the assignment level through the "status manager" column.
    2. Once approved by the status manager (if the fixed approvla routine has been activated in the timesheet settings, otherwise it will be send in parallel), it goes to the timesheet manager which is an attribute of the resource. By default the timesheet manager of a user is the user itself which makes the timesheet automatically approved. But you should change the timesheet manager to the resource manager. Then he'll receive in his approval center the timesheet approval, including the administrative time.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, June 13, 2014 6:54 PM