none
UAG Array with Integrated NLB in multiple geographic locations RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a bit of a problem.

We currently have a UAG array of two servers, one in City A and one in City B which is about 200 miles away.  The redundancy and load balancing is handled by a F5 switch.  City A takes care of geographically local traffic, while City B takes care of international traffic.

Recently we were asked to set up another two servers (one added to each city) and add them to the array.  It was also requested that if the first server in City A goes down, their session is resumed in the new server in City A without having to re-authenticate.  If City A's Data-center is down, then the F5 switch redirects traffic to City B (in this scenario it is acceptable for the session to be re-authenticated).

From the forums I've read so far it seems this is impossible to do with the internal NLB. 

Is it impossible?  Do I have to make two array masters, one in each geographical location and manually add published apps to each?

Is there a way I can just get the session resumed without using internal NLB if they have to hop to another server?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:02 AM